I earned my doctoral degree in Counseling Psychology from Boston University in 1982 from an APA-credited program.
After receiving my Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology, I worked at Oceana County Mental Health Center for 4 years. I worked for HealthPartners, Inc. (Group Health Plan) for 25 years prior to opening my private practice 5 years ago.
I work with adults (ages 18 and older) in individual and couples therapy. I have experience in crisis/disaster mental health services through my volunteering with the Red Cross Stress Team in Minneapolis for 5 years. I have also volunteered doing group therapy at the Center for Grief & Loss in St. Paul.
Membership in the following professional organizations:
- American Psychological Association
- Minnesota Psychological Association
- American Academy of Clinical Psychology
- National Register of Health Care Providers in Psychology
- Diplomate, American Board of Professional Psychology
Theoretical approaches include:
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Thought Field Therapy/Emotions Focused Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches to therapy
- Humanistic therapy
- Behavioral therapy